Wilms & Co. Family

Wilmington 



Here is Wilmington when my boyfriend and I brought her home.

Wilmington is my first rabbit. She is a lion head mix with a very independent attitude. My boyfriend and I found her through Craigslist. A young girl had a pair of bonded rabbits who just so happened to be male and female.

One interesting fact about Wilmington is that she has malocclusion. What that means is, Wilmington has an imperfect positioning of her teeth when her jaws are closed.

Another interesting fact about Wilmington is, she has three nicknames, Wilms, Wilmses and the Wilms. I often refer to Wilmington as Wilms or the Wilms. She responds to all her nicknames and is the most daring and active rabbit out of the three. She inspired me to write this blog. 

Ollie

Here is Ollie showing off his jumping skills.

Ollie is the second rabbit I've brought into my home. Just like Wilmington, we found Ollie through Craigslist. His previous caretaker couldn't take care of Ollie anymore and was looking for someone willing to take him in. From the moment we saw his picture, we wanted to bring Ollie home. 

One interesting fact about Ollie is that he does not like to be pet at all. He is not a huge fan of the human touch but, on rare occasions, he will allow me to pet the top of his head. Ollie is a very gentle and sweet boy. He is also very lazy and enjoys laying down all day.

Nightshade

This is Nightshade during her first vet visit. You can see the blue in her eye.

Nightshade is the fifth rabbit we brought home - that is another story for another day. My boyfriend and I found her at a family owned pet store. We were just curious to see what this pet store provided and lo and behold! I found a litter of mini-rex rabbits.

Nightshade stood out to me the most because both her eyes were blue. I thought she was blind and I made it my mission to help her. That's how Nightshade got her name. A few days later we realized, she had an infection in both eyes. Both her eyes healed but one eye still has some blue in it.

Nightshade is the sweetest out of the three rabbits. She enjoys being pet and enjoys giving rabbit kisses to humans. Ironically she is scared of heights. She lives with my boyfriend and travels more than I do. She's even been out of the state before I have. 

Vladimir
This is Vladimir when I first brought them home.

Vladimir is a red-eared slider turtle. I'm not too sure what Vladimir's sex is; it's very hard to determine with turtles. I brought Vladimir home one day when I expressed my longing for a pet turtle named 'Vladimir' on Twitter. Luckily, one of my peers had a hatchling who she wasn't able to find a home for. My peer offered to bring Vladimir to school and long story short, Vladimir became the first member of the family.

Vladimir is the calmest member of the family. Most of the time Vladimir is basking under his lap, taking a nap or swimming. One interesting fact about Vladimir is, when he accidently flips himself over, he'll eat his food upside-down. 

Susie
Here is Susie walking towards the camera.

Susie is my dad's dog but, I care for her like she's part of Wilms & Co. Susie used to live with a distant cousin but, he wasn't able to provide all the care and attention that Susie deserved. Susie has been with my parents and I for seven years. 

Susie is extremely smart and can jump over fences. She loves being around the family and always greets us at the gate when we get home. Susie was trained by my distant cousin to shake hands and she tries to shake hands with people she meets. 

Camila
This is a rare image of Camila sitting. She never stops moving.

The number one question people ask about Camila is what kind of dog she is. Camila is a Dogo Argentino. Dogo Argentinos are a bully breed and a hunting breed. They were made to hunt but, even with her strength and scary look, Camila is a giant puppy. She is clumsy and silly and extremely loving. Camila suffers from food allergies and as a result of these allergies she is covered in hot spots. We are currently trying to treat Camila's allergies and hot spots. 

Nadia

Here I am with my friend's Boston terrier.

Hello! I am the creator of Wilms & Co. I recently graduated from University of the Pacific. I didn't always have a love for animals until I was 9 years old and had my first dog beastie. My love for rabbits bloomed with the help and support of my boyfriend Brandon. We met in college and he urged me to get Wilmington while we were dating. Since then, I have learned as much as I could about rabbits and tried to spread my love for rabbits to my fellow peers. 

Brandon

Here is Brandon holding our departed Wilmington.

Brandon is my boyfriend. He will be entering his Senior year at college in the fall and came up with our cool name 'Wilms & Co.' Brandon loves electric guitars and loves to play music for Nightshade. He is from Southern California and has many rabbit tips for college students who travel to school every semester. He helped find my love for rabbits and supports my crazy rabbit lady antics while I support his love for electric guitars. 

Comments